Did you know that India is expected to have over 1.5 million job vacancies in the field of cybersecurity by the year 2025? Indeed, an article by Cybersecurity Ventures confirms this and also points out that there are around 465,000 cybersecurity job vacancies yet to be filled in the US. In fact, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics has projected that the information security analyst job role will be the 10th fastest-growing occupation over the next decade, with an employment growth rate of a whopping 31%, much higher than the average growth rate of all other occupations.
But what does this mean for you? Well, the growing demand for cybersecurity professionals gives you a golden opportunity to start your career in this field and earn high salaries. With the growing rate of data breaches and other cyberattacks, the demand for cybersecurity experts doesn’t seem to reduce any time soon. Fortunately, there are a couple of renowned cybersecurity certifications that you can pursue and showcase your knowledge in this domain. The industry’s gold standard is the CISSP certification – Certified Information Systems Security Professional offered by the prestigious organization (ISC)2 – the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium.
As you can expect, the CISSP certification is associated with a rigorous exam, and you may need CISSP training to clear the exam in your initial attempt. This article describes how CISSP online training can authenticate your cybersecurity skills.
The CISSP Certification
The CISSP certification demonstrates that you have the skills required to design, implement, and manage a best-in-class cybersecurity program effectively. It proves your skills over a wide array of security principles and practices and is suitable for a number of cybersecurity job roles. The certification exam is based on eight domains, namely:
- Security and risk management
- Asset security
- Security architecture and engineering
- Communication and network security
- Identity and access management
- Security assessment and testing
- Security operations
- Software development security
Note that not everyone is eligible to appear for the CISSP exam and achieve the credential. As eligibility criteria, you must have at least five years of paid work experience in two or more of the mentioned eight domains of the (ISC)² CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK). post that, you can appear for the CISSP exam, which involves around125 to 175 questions with a time limit of 4 hours. The question format is multiple choice and advanced innovative items, and the passing score is 700 out of 1000 points.
How Does CISSP Training Help?
Now, you are recommended to take online CISSP training to prepare for the exam. (ISC)² itself offers flexible training options to fit your routine and learning style. There are training, seminars, self-study aids, courseware, and self-paced or instructor-led online and classroom courses to choose from. The courses are also offered by many Official Training Providers of (ISC)². These are the top reasons why CISSP training is suitable for you.
- Self-study is difficult for working professionals. It is time-consuming to look for the right study materials, create a study plan, and follow the syllabus on your own. A training program, on the other hand, arranges everything for you. Everything is explained step-by-step as per the CISSP exam syllabus.
- The training is usually designed in the form of bite-sized video modules that easily fit one’s busy schedule. Through such short-duration videos, the learner is kept engaged throughout the course and is more likely to finish the syllabus on time.
- You get a chance to learn from world-class mentors. Rather than relying on your own knowledge, you are guided by an industry expert (who is generally himself CISSP certified) who will share with you the best practices related to cybersecurity and CISSP exam tips and tricks.
- You will be more likely to clear the CISSP exam if you are given proper guidance through a training course. With self-study, you may miss out on some important topics or fail to apply the right tricks required to answer the questions. But a training course covers all the concepts and makes you aware of the useful tricks.
- When you develop the right skills for CISSP training, you will gain more confidence for appearing in the exam. The questions will seem familiar, and you will have a clear idea regarding how much time to spend on each CISSP exam domain.
- Finally, the CISSP training will demonstrate your seriousness in achieving the certification and your dedication to learning the right cybersecurity concepts for a job.
Get CISSP Certified Today!
We hope that you now understand why CISSP training is beneficial for you. If you have the required work experience, you can enroll in a reliable CISSP training program and prepare to achieve this renowned credential. Cybersecurity Ventures mentioned that the US had around 90,000 CISSP certified proifessionals but more than 106,000 job openings demanded the CISSP certification. So now is the right time to get ready for a career in cybersecurity, gain the required experience, take CISSP training and sit for the exam. You will be among the most in-demand cybersecurity professionals when you become CISSP certified.